© Marie-Elizabeth Mali
MISSION & VISION
The Ocean Azores Foundation looks to fund ocean based research and conservation projects based on all islands of the Azores. While it is currently a work in progress the aims are to give back to the community and environment that we now call home. Funding will come from sales of Baleia Gin, as well as guest donations, donations from the Solar Branco Eco Estate as well as events hosted on the grounds.
Our goals are to:
- Support platforms and initiatives that address the 5 key threats to whales and other cetaceans in the Azores
- Increase protections for cetaceans in the region, and ensure their long term survival
- This will be done by funding projects that may include marine conservation, reduction of plastics, and related education and research
- The foundation may also make charitable donations to non profit organisations based on the island of São Miguel
We will work towards achieving these objectives by:
- Investing our resources in selected community projects that are well-run and that will drive lasting social change
- Funding multi-year partnerships
- Providing funding for organisations that promote marine sustainability and sustainable tourism
- Sharing with our stakeholders and the community the outcomes of the projects we support
Note: Projects listed do not designate official status with the organisations or charities mentioned. These are only projects under consideration at this time in various stages of conversations and development. For all updates see the specific project page.